LG offers facilitators a chance to enter the exciting world of gamification. It examines ways that training professionals can use gamification techniques to enhance their training programmes, making them more engaging and effective.
It is part of the Professional Learning Series (PLS), which is designed for trainers to hone their skills in structuring learning content to a mastery level.
The course provides a detailed look at how games motivate their players and why game activities are fun. This knowledge is then applied to the world of corporate training. At the end of the course, participants will submit and present a gamified lesson plan – an outline of how they will gamify their existing courses.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for:
trainers who wish to branch out into gamification or learn more about it
HR and L&D professionals with an interest in training and gamification
What Will You Learn on This Course?
You will learn:
- The difference between gamification and game-based learning
- The methods that game developers use to engage players and the secrets that built a multi-billion-dollar industry
- How to apply these techniques to corporate training programmes
- How to apply these techniques to e-learning programmes
- How to use a range of easily accessible tools to gamify your courses
Schedule and Delivery
- LG is a three-day programme with a post-course assessment.
- Virtual LG is a fully online programme with a post-course assessment, delivered over five half-day sessions.
To complete the course successfully, participants need to achieve a passing mark of 75% on the following deliverables:
- ‘gamified’ lesson plan
- prototype of game activities